made by nuclearpez
*sorry it ran late everyone!*
Quinn is making up for her sins and wants to get to know you.
- Mr. Shu was in Glee Club at McKinley High, when it used to be big and bold. He was part of the team dancing to "That's the Way I Like it" which won them the Invitational in 1993.
- A bit of the absent-minded professor huh? Hie drives a broken down blue car, that he doesn't seem to pay attention to the condition that much. He also seems to be unaware of Kurt being picked on.
- Mr. Shu's Glee coach, Lillian Adler died 1997. Sandy Ryerson took over right after her until he was fired. Glee became 'uncool'
- Teaches Spanish.
- Mr. Shu generally associates with Ken, Sue and Emma at lunch. He goes to Ms. Pillsbury for advice.
- Mr. Shu tends to have a chocolate chip cookie with lunch every day.
- Took over Glee club, and is saving up $50 a month behind his wife's back to pay for Glee Club. Renamed it 'New Directions'
- Rachel was the female lead and Artie the male lead when New Directions started out.
- Cut another deal with Mr. Figgins that if he makes Glee Club reach regionals he gets to keep the auditorium. Runs detention for free in exchange.
- Mr. Shu tried marijuana in college briefly but it wasn't much of his thing. He and his wife(Terri) were actively trying for kids.
- Ms. Pillsbury has a crush on Mr. Shu.
- Mr. Shu seems almost unaware of social status in McKinley.
- Enjoys teaching 'for the sake of discovering the potential in a kid that they didn't even know they had.'
- Discovered Finn in the football locker room, blackmailed him to join Glee.
- Ran over Terri's dog (purposefully) on prom night.
- Sees a lot of himself in Finn
- Terri generally doesn't allow Mr. Shu in her 'crafts room'. She sets up puzzle night every Wednesday. Terri keeps her Pottery Barn collection hidden from Will (until he just found out).
- Mr. Shu, Will, the golden boy, dated Terri, the cheerleader, starting in high school.
- Mr. Tanaka is envious of Mr. Shu and tries to undermine him any time Ms. Pillsbury shows interest towards Mr. Shu.
- Mr. Shu buys tickets to go see New Direction's competition.
- Doesn't eat nuts/peanut butter because Terri is allergic to it.
- Mr. Shu has been married to Terri for 5 years (since last March)
- Terri was Mr. Shu's first and only girlfriend. It was love at first sight for him, not necessarily for her.
- Terri announces that she is pregnancy (Though she's a lair, seeing as she wants what's in my stomach and all...)
- Mr. Shu almost leaves Glee to support the baby as an accountant.
- Plays guitar and sings to himself 'Leaving on a Jet Plane.'
- Tries to make the Glee Club perform with 'Freak Out' in front of the entire school. Apparently to him everyone loves disco.
- Mr. Shu's father always said 'You become a man when you buy your first house'. His father burnt their house down after a drunken fight with his mother.
- Dislikes Kendra (Terri's sister) and her kids.
- Terri and Mr. Shu enjoy going out for Applebees
- Mr. Shu raps.
- Takes on a temporary nighttime janitorial job for a while.
- Tries to help Ms. Pillsbury conquer her phobias, and uses this as a mechanism to flirt with her (attempts to plan nightly rendezvous)
- After the original Glee Club lies to Mr. Shu, he takes a solo away from Rachel and gives it to me, as the Cheerios just joined.
- Terri starts lying about the 'non-'baby to Mr. Shu at this point.
- Mr. Shu tells, in front of Terri, the news of the baby to his parents.
- His father spent 6 months in the hanaway hilton and kept every secret.
- Mr. Shu is terrified of the prospect of being a father, but at the same time happy.
- Mr. Shu's father traveled and worked a lot, having little time for Mr. Shu. His dad considered himself to be strict.
- Mr. Shu's father hoped to go to law school but never even applied, and instead went into insurance. Mr. Shu considers his father to be the smartest man he knows.
- Is told off by Rachel that they'd prefer Dakota Stanley for choreography over himself. Mr. Shu starts to move away from the club even more, showing up to practices less and less.
- Mr. Shu starts hanging out with the male faculty, forms a Acafella hip-hop group to get more male-bonding time. Names them Acafellas. Rejected Sandy from the group.
- Mr. Shu's growing confidence leads Will to believe his sexual prowess increased.
- Mr. Shu's mom is a big drinker.
- Acafellas perform at PTA meeting.
- Mr. Shu gets Finn to join Acafellas when he tries to pull out of Glee again.
- Mr. Shu's alcoholic mom flirts with Josh Groban. She has slipped and hit her head several times.
- Mr. Shu puts Acafellas to the side when he realizes his decision to go back to being a teacher. Mr. Shu's father decides to return to law school
- Mr. Shu gives a role to Tina that Rachel wanted to help boost her confidence. Rachel leaves Glee Club.
- Mr. Shu believes that he should focus on building everyone's confidence even if it means not playing to Rachel's force to the lead. 'We need everyone to think they're a star'
- Mr. Shu is told of Quinn's pregnancy. Will tells Terri of the situation.
- Mr. Shu helps teach the football team how to dance to loosen up and gain some of the football players for Glee.
- Mr. Shu realizes that high school students can be of any age in order to join Glee club, contacts April.
- Tells Ms. Pillsbury of my pregnancy.
- Mr. Shu gets Ms. Pillsbury to steal April's file.
- A fanboy of April's. His first crush, but she had no interest in him.
- Was a freshman when April was a senior.
- Takes on April as a problem case (not dissimilar from Glee kids)
- Mr. Shu asks of April to see if she'll stop drinking in order to not be a bad influence on the rest of Glee.
- Mr. Shu joined Glee because of April. Dreamed to sing with her.
- April quits in order to convince Will that it is the time for the kdis to shine.
- Mr. Shu sees the Glee Club giving up, attempts to motivate us. Teams them up against one another.
- Asks Ms. Pillsbury to be their celebrity judge. Terri comes to the school as a nurse.
- Feels Terri working at the school is claustrophobic.
- Mr. Shu worries about Emma getting married to Ken.
- Mr. Shu grows furious at Terri for giving kids Vitamin D. Mentions that Terri is oblivious to consequences and tels her she always ruins his plans.
- Mr. Shu drove Finn and Quinn to the OBGYN for the 10-week ultrasound.
- Feels he has little control over the situation with Terri.
- Mr. Shu and Sue begin to argue as they both are to handle Glee club together, the arguing intensifies.
- Sue splits up the group to control giving credit to the minority students. Sue calls Mr. Shu out for being a racist.
- Mr. Shu fails the Cheerios, who are deserving, in Spanish by Terri's persuasion. He generally is generous on grades.
- Mr. Shu attempt to try and be more masculine for Terri's sake. Mr. Shu makes an appointment with Dr. Wu to see the ultrasound in order to participate more in the pregnancy.
- Mr. Shu and Sue start attacking each other.
- Mr. Shu is tricked by the sonogram but is overwhelmed with tears.
- Requests Mash-ups from the Glee Club. Admits that his favorite song is 'Bust A Move'. Will can break dance.
- Mr. Shu helps out Ms. Pillsbury with dancing and trying to mix Mr. Tanaka and Ms. Pillbury's songs.
- Mr. Shu teaches Sue how to swing dance.
- Mr. Tanaka schedules football during the same time as Glee to make the football players choose between the two, making it difficult for Mr. Shu.
- Doesn't like The Thong Song
- Acknowledges that he doesn't dissuade Ms. Pillsbury's affections, though he still continues to flirt with her.
- Mr. Shu was willing to give up on Ms. Pillsbury for Glee Club.
- Mr. Shu convinces Finn to return to Glee by once again mentioning that he and Finn are simmilar.
- Gets his first slushie to the face.
- Mr. Shu acknowledges Emma's song doesn't work with Ken's song.
The Rhodes Not Taken
(All questions are optional, you may write your own take on Mr. Shu's character, these are just helpers!)
- We had the opportunity to meet Mr. Shu's parents. What do you about them helped shape who Mr. Shu is today?
- What do you think Mr. Shu was like back in high school? How do you think his relationship with Terri played out?
- Mr. Shu mentions a lot to Finn that they are quite simmilar. Do you believe this to be the case? What parallels/differences can you draw?
- Mr. Shu is always trying to balance his old dreams of reviving his high school years and supporting the kids, what sort of direction do you believe this will take in the future?
- Do you like or dislike Mr. Shu?
- Mr. Shu is influenced a lot by the people around him. What do they bring out of him(Terri, Sue, Emma, Finn, Rachel, etc)?
- Ms. Pillsbury has always been Mr. Shu's confidant. How do you believe Mr. Shu's relationship started with Ms. Pillsbury? Where do you believe their relationship stands now?
- What comes first in Mr. Shu's life?